Work Feedback

IMG_9147(20170329-182118)

For my work, in the beginning, I just want to show myself a memory of the earthquake, but later,I found that it not only showed the earthquake, but also reflects the desire to survive for human being. In the work, I was in a dark environment, the audience can only see the candle light, the entire space very quiet. The audience’s eyes were focused on me, and I moved slowly, trying everything possible to approach the candlelight. Because of the presence of rocks around the body, it is difficult to move. When I started to work, I felt the pain that the rock was pressing on me and it was hard to move. I tried to make a sound, but it was hard for me to say a word. In class, I only show a part of the work, not all show. But after the show, I know how to adjust my work.

My tutor gave me advice, let me put the stones scattered around, and finally in a pile of stones. In addition to the use of props, in this quiet space, when I began to perform,  it can match my heart want to express, want to say the voice, etc. Let the audience look not so simple, boring. The audience can also understand through this voice.

In summary, the candles and stones used in my props are like obstacles and light in my life. Candlelight represents people’s desire to survive, the stone represents all the difficulties, only to break through many difficulties in order to obtain warmth and hope.