My Summary

1. 3 2. 4

3. 5 4. 6

It is my first time to study this module, and I had never been contact with such this course in china. I study dance for long years and I usually think about this module use previous logic and use dance to finish task. But after studying a semester, I found that this module is similar to the artistic body, in the creation of human art, it also examining choreographer  as a arranger how to arrange the work into a complete work. In my work, I combine the body, time, space and interaction to arrangement. The use of these hope to give the audience a certain reflection on the body, so that the audience understand the original intention of my work through the overall effect of work. Time, to express what you want to express in a reasonable and feasible range. Space, the whole stage space, audiences can see more clearly and feel the change of the stage space. Interaction, it also reflects the importance of arrangement, and its inalienable. These materials are the basic elements of a complete work. They are interrelated and interact with each other for work’s theme. I can understand these materials are important for choreographer. Choreographer need considerate these elements from physical movements, stage space, stage position, music and sounds, lighting, techniques, and audiences and work’s theme. So, for this module, I am very hard to understand theories and use practice to show it. my writing is a through theoretical exploration of my practice and vice versa. My practice is the sole criterion for testing the truth in my research. The performance can only verify the standards and validity of a theory and in this way, I engage practice-as-research for this module. Make me know clearly what is the real meaning for this module !

2

To tell the truth, when finish this module, I thought why this module not have dance. Yeah, I thought that dance are called by artistic form mainly because audiences can see the performer’s beautiful physical and to think about something through physical movements. But in fact, not only dance can give audiences various feeling, but also the sculptures, boxing, simply action, and a static picture and etc, which also takes some effects for audiences and make them to think about it. I thought this is the real value for me.

1